Title

Kick your shoes off and enjoy the ride of your life!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Been a while since I posted...

As the title of this post and the timestamps of all of my posts indicate, it has been a while since I've added any content here. Being busy has contributed to this, as has being distracted by other things, but it seemed that now would be a good time to add some more. Lucky you!

Tim and I--well, mostly Tim--have finished a draft for the fourth Truth Chronicles book. I believe it will be heading to the editor soon, which is exciting and terrifying all at once. We both know several comments that she's going to make, but that doesn't make it easier. Tim also has ambitious plans to get a draft for the fifth book mostly or totally finished by the end of the month. I know I haven't gotten any writing done for that yet, so unless he has, it'll be an interesting prospect. He has a couple of weeks off, though, which will help. I only have one day off between now and then, and Abi and I will be traveling for a good portion of it, so I don't know how much I'll accomplish. I will just have to press forward with all of the time I can manage and trust that the effort will be enough.

I have been doing a little bit of writing and prepping for other stories in the last couple of weeks. I'm hoping to get things fleshed out enough that even a few minutes here or there will provide ample progress. My goal is to have two or more stories drafted in the next 6-12 months. Depending on their content, they may or may not be something in which the publisher of The Truth Chronicles would be interested. Who knows...perhaps by this time next year I'll have a couple of solo writing credits to my name. Sounds exciting!

Work has been going well. I am undecided about making a career out of being a Medical Technologist, but for now it feels somewhat like a necessity. Abi and I have been making tremendous strides in paying off the debts I brought into our marriage, so to embark on a new career or a lower-paying career at this point wouldn't be the wisest decision I could make. I get along with my coworkers, which is a blessing, but there are many things I think I could do and make a living that seem like they would be more enjoyable. Some of those ideas involve me staying at home full-time, and as long as we live in an area that actually gets snow and/or ice during the winter, that's a very attractive option.

That seems to be the short of it. Life is generally good here, and Abi and I are still excited about the possibilities presented by us being in Des Moines.

No comments:

Post a Comment